- Reform SEIU home page
- SEIU Member Activists for Reform Today!
- We Are SMART
- Want to Join SMART?
- A brief history of SEIU
- Who's Who at SEIU?
- Media Archive
- April 28, 2015: AFL-CIO Delays CA Hospital Vote: What Happened to Employee Free Choice?
- April 27, 2015: SEIU International Executive Board Member Embezzled $500K, Audit Finds
- February 2, 2014: Leadership of Oregon's SEIU Local 503 suffers big defeat at hands of members
- February 15, 2012: Leadership Challenges Could Shake Up Nation's Biggest Unions This Summer
- November 23, 2011: SEIU Endorses Obama Without Members’ Approval
- October 18, 2011: Change to Win's lack of change
- September/October, 2010: Former president of Local 509 asks: Time for SEIU to change direction? (PDF file)
- July 21, 2011: Kaiser Election Results KOed: Judge Orders Rematch Between SEIU and NUHW
- March 17, 2011: After Labor’s Civil Wars, What Does Reconstruction Require?
- March 16, 2010: UNITE HERE's president John Wilhelm's speech to AFL-CIO and John Sweeney's reaction to SEIU tactics (PDF file)
- March 10, 2010: U.S. Department of Labor Settlement Agreement Reached
- March 1, 2010: SEIU's Mega-Local Meltdown: Size Matters, But Members Matter More
- February 28, 2010: California Reformers Beat Appointees
- February 4, 2010: SEIU 221 abandons $107,000 "severance" pay for Moore
- January 28, 2010: SEIU-sent officials to probe complaints: Ex-labor leader's pay deal at issue
- January 22, 2010: Labor leader resigns amid election dispute
- January 20, 2010: SEIU LocaL 221 President Resigns!
- July 17, 2009: Reform Slate in SEIU 221 Election!
- July 1, 2009: "Change to Win is Dead"-–Juan Gonzalez on Labor Movement Struggle
- May 7, 2009: SEIU President Andy Stern Has Crossed the Line
- May 1, 2009: SEIU Takes Millions in Loans from Union-Owned Bank While Trying to Recruit its Members
- April 30, 2009: SEIU president Andy Stern has been bashing Bank of America - the same bank that gave union big loan
- April 29, 2009: Reformists Take Back SEIU 888 in Massachusetts!
- April 28, 2009: SMART's Open Letter Against the Trusteeship of SEIU United Healthcare Workers-West
- April 26, 2009: SEIU Stern Administration Continues Raid on UNITE HERE
- February 10, 2009: Reports from UHW members and others in our movement
- February 6, 2009: Media Reports on the UHW Trusteeship
- February 3, 2009: Former Leaders of UHW Local Quit SEIU, Plan to Form New Health Care Workers Union
- February 1, 2009: Solidarity Forever Revised - Song from a UHW Member
- January 28, 2009: SEIU International Trustees UHW
- January 3, 2009: Who Rules SEIU?
- October 31, 2008: Puerto Rico teachers defeat SEIU raid
- Video reports from 2008 SEIU Convention
- January 5, 2008: For workers considering joining our union...
For historical purposes SMART republishes the following items that were originally forwarded in 2004 and 2008 to the International and that have yet to be adopted by SEIU. Please see also the platform SMART adopted in 2008. The International held its last Convention in 2012. For ease of use and/or to better understand the necessary form for any Local to submit their own proposal(s) to the Convention (and please feel free to update and submit past proposals), the following items can be used for reference.
To read the last Convention proposals
under discussion in SMART
SMART Open Letter
to SEIU Convention Delegates, 2012 (PDF file)
If you want to know more about the Convention, here are links to the Program Schedule for the 2012 International Convention along with the PDF Convention Call flyer: